Windows Update Downloads hang on Windows Server 2003 SP2
When trying in run Windows Update on Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Several updates will download and then the 4th or 5th one will hang. I have to cancel the Updates. These are relatively small Security updates. I'm not sure which log file to look or whether certain folders need to be cleaned.
April 28th, 2011 10:32am

Hello, you can start to delete the windows\system32\softwaredistribution folder after stopping the update service. When starting the service again the folder will be recreated, then try again to update.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2011 7:04pm

Hi, In addition, you may also try to reset Windows Update components to troubleshoot this issue. For the detailed steps, please refer to the following Microsoft KB article: How do I reset Windows Update components? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 29th, 2011 2:27am

Sorry that I didn't get back sooner. However, your suggestion did work and was very helpful. Thanks!!!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 17th, 2011 1:43pm

Thanks for your help!! I got it working by deleting the folder but I will keep this link for the future!!
May 17th, 2011 1:51pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics