Windows Server Standard 2003 32-bit restarting after changing a password of an Active Directory User
Hello Friends This is one of the weirdest problem I have faced till now. I have active directory installed in Windows 2003 32-bit system. We have our company password filter which receives password change when a user tries to change any of the AD user password. The problem is that the password filter is installed correctly and the service is also started. But when I try to change the password of an Active Directory User, the system crashes and it restarts itself automotically. It first given an alert window saying that the windows cannot perform password change on the specified user and then restarts itself after 1 minute. ************************************************************* When I tried to look at the Event Viewer of the Windows, I got the following error message in the Application or System log - at System.Security.Principal.Win32.LsaOpenPolicy(String systemName, PolicyRights rights) at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.TranslateToNTAccounts(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Boolean& someFailed) at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean& someFailed) at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess) at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(Type targetType) at System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetName() at System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_Name() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.ViewerContext.InitializeUserPermission() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.EventsNode..ctor() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.EventsNode..ctor(EventNodeType type) at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.EventsNode.GetRootNode() at Microsoft.EventViewer.SnapIn.MMCRootNode..ctor(String remotecomputerName, String userDomain, String userName, SecureString encryptedPassword) at Microsoft.EventViewer.SnapIn.EventViewerSnapIn.OnInitialize() at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.SnapInBase.PostInitialize() at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.SnapInBase.Initialized() at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInClient.Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.ISnapInClient.Initialize(ISnapInPlatform snapInPlatform) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInInitializationOperation.OnStart() at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.Start() at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RunningOperationsTable.EnqueueOperation(Operation operation) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.StandAloneComponentData..ctor(SnapInRegistrationInfo info, Int32 bookkeepingId) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Advanced.FrameworkSnapInFactory.Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Advanced.ISnapInFactory.CreateSnapIn(Int32 bookkeepingId, String snapInKey, Object& snapIn) A critical system process, C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code 255. The machine must now be restarted. Faulting application lsass.exe, version 6.0.6001.18272, time stamp 0x4a364556, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18538, time stamp 0x4cb733dc, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000b0dbc, process id 0x244, application start time 0x01cd6b6dafd569be. **************************************** Note the windows is in VM and is updated till date. One of the important point I have to tell u guys is that I cannot activate the Windows on online. Whenever I try to activate it online it gives an error code of 0x8007232B. Can some one help me in this issue. I cannot provide you much details about the password filter, i am sorry for this. After some research what I came to know is that 'lsass.exe' might be getting corrupted which is causing the Windows to restart. But I am not understanding what to do?. Can someone please help me in this matter?. Thank you very much in advance Sam
July 27th, 2012 11:50am

Did your password filter service ever work correctly in this environment? If so, have there been any recent changes to the service? Can you change a password when the filter is not working? (If so, it is really pointing to the filter service) This does not seem at all related to Hyper-V. You might want to post it in a forum that is related to Active Directory or maybe development if your filter is new or changedtim
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 27th, 2012 3:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics