Windows Server Boots up slow when it has additonal disks
Hello, I have a problem with windows 2003 SP2 server running on a VMware. This two servers running as a file server and it has C for system and D for data drive. Every time the server is rebooted, it stops at the black screen after windows logo for about one hour, but after one hour, GUI screen comes up and after logon, the server operates at normal way. There is no error nor events logged on event log files. The server starts up fast if it has only System drive. Trendmicro office scan and DPM client is installed on the server. While it is paused, there is no activity on CPU and Memory, only slow access to the Disk drive. It may be related to the issue of Windows loading VMware driver, but does anyone know what does Windows doing at the black screen after Windows log ? Thank you!
April 1st, 2010 12:05pm

hi that vmware you instal it was with tools or not some time when the vmware tools be inistal a lot off problom has been solve. i hope your problom be some off them
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 4th, 2010 7:58pm

Hi, First of all, I would like to conform the version of your VMware. A you mentioned, the VM will start up fast if there is only system drive. So I suspect some application will access the data in your D drive. Please boot the computer into Safe Mode with D drive connected to see whether you get the same issue. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
April 6th, 2010 12:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics