Windows Server 8 administrator password
I am trying to install windows server 8 in standard mode. First machine in which I plan on building a domain. After the install I am beingasked to change the administrator password. I am stuck. This is my first install of server 8 . I have installed many previous versions of server where I was logged in to the administrator account and wasn't asked for password. Now I can't get into the system I'm not familiar with this reset disk either. Can someonne give me the correct procedure to satisfy the password issue and help me login. My Email is :Jdeutsch43@gmail.com Thanks very much Jerry
September 17th, 2010 10:38pm

Yes, This should be normal, just change the password. I don't think you need a reset disk for thisIsaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 18th, 2010 12:31am

Question isn't clear. Either you are referring to the 1st hand password change which should key in the new password and confirm back the new password. Or are you referring to the password that is done during dcpromo to (Ie: the restore password) ?... Please clarify.Priyanga.Cmb.Lk
September 18th, 2010 12:16pm

Hi, First of all, there isn’t a Microsoft product called windows server 8. By the way, if you installed a system such as Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2, after the initialization, you should be asked for typing a password for the build-in Administrator account. You can refer to the following guide. How to Install Windows Server 2008 Step by Step http://www.petri.co.il/how-to-install-windows-server-2008-step-by-step.htm Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
September 20th, 2010 10:05am

After I finish the install of Windows server 8 Rel.1 The administrator account is displayed asking me tho type in a password. I'm assuming is asking me to establish a new password. If this is the case then I have the format all wrong. I'm seeking helpso I can get into the system . My profession is installing Windows server . I have installed versions from Windows NT10 years agoup until now and have never run into this. Every install Ihave done logs me into the administrator account. Why am I prompted for a password Thanks for your help Jerry
September 21st, 2010 9:34pm

After I finish the install of Windows server 8 Rel.1 The administrator account is displayed asking me tho type in a password. I'm assuming is asking me to establish a new password. If this is the case then I have the format all wrong. I'm seeking helpso I can get into the system . My profession is installing Windows server . I have installed versions from Windows NT10 years agoup until now and have never run into this. Every install Ihave done logs me into the administrator account. Why am I prompted for a password. Do I have the password format wrong. Am I supposed toestablish a new password or am I suppose to get a new one from Microsoft. I can't get into the system Thanks for your help Jerry
September 21st, 2010 9:37pm

Hi, As I mentioned in my last reply, there isn’t a Microsoft product called windows server 8. By the way, have you read the link in my last reply, that steps in the link is suitable for the current Windows system. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
September 22nd, 2010 8:49am

I have the same problem and there is a Windows 8 sever
April 6th, 2012 12:46pm

Did you find any solution yet? I also ran in to the same issues. Birajendu
April 13th, 2012 7:16am

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/windows-server/v8-default.aspx http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_2012
April 27th, 2012 11:47am

hi i had the same problem i used the password Minecraft123 and it work for me
April 30th, 2012 5:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics