Windows Server 2012 printing error

Several folks in my department are having difficulties printing to a Server 2012 R2 print server. The server error log shows the typical '372' event ID. However, after browsing several other threads related to the 372 event ID, I've found nothing on the secific error that I'm getting:

The document xxxxxxx, owned by xxxxxxx, failed to print on printer xxxxxxx. Try to print the document again, or restart the print spooler. 
Data type: RAW. Size of the spool file in bytes: 93985. Number of bytes printed: 4. Total number of pages in the document: 0. Number of pages printed: 0. Client computer: xxxxxxx. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 2152796175.

Can anyone shed more light on this error? Much appreciated.

-Ryan

March 25th, 2014 2:49pm

I've normally found a corresponding event 824 in the Print Operational-Channel that gives a little more information.  I've seen this with some PDF documents that have invalid font data.  See if they can print each page separately for multi-page documents. 

What print driver are you using for the share?  What operating system is generating the print job?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 25th, 2014 4:37pm

Thanks, that may help. The 'operational' channel was disabled. I enabled it and now I get a corresponding 824 error:

A fatal error occurred while printing job xxxxxxx, id xxxxxxx on the print queue xxxxxxx. The print filter pipeline process was terminated. Error information: 0x8051100F.

I will do some digging on that error. It's happening most consistently from mac clients using SMB, but also a few Windows 7 clients. Also multiple printer models/drivers but one of them is Dell 1135n Laser MFP.

Thanks,

Ryan

March 25th, 2014 6:05pm

I'm pretty sure you will need to use a Type 3 PostScript print driver.  I assume the MACs are not sending the expected datatype for Type 4 print drivers or Type 3 XPS drivers. 
March 25th, 2014 6:48pm

The event 824  on my Windows Server 2012 R2 is :

A fatal error occurred while printing job Untitled - Notepad, id 4 on the print queue HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909g Series Class Driver (redirected 2). The print filter pipeline process was terminated. Error information: 0x80004005.

What are my options for fixing it.  I am trying to RDP into this server and print thru Redirected Printers.

Thanks

July 16th, 2015 1:12pm

Find the corresponding 372 error. If the data type is Raw, change the print driver to a type 3 driver.  The A909a type 3 driver is on Windows Update.
July 17th, 2015 1:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics