Windows Server 2012 R2 Nic teaming problems

Hi

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes.

I have some Windows server 2012 r2 servers, and i'm setting up NIC teaming. The teaming is setup like this: 2 NIC, Switch Indenpendent, adress hash, and it's active active. The ports are 1Gb. The switches we use are Avaya.

The problem i'm getting is that when I disable one of the two ports in the team, the port on the switch don't go Down but reduces the speed from 1Gb to 100mb. The server looses Connection to the domain and we can't log on. It lookes like the server still keeps the port online even if it's disabled. Same issue if we disable the other port.

We have a 4 node cluster with Windows server 2012 r2, With the same teaming setup, number of ports and config on the switches. This teaming work perfectly. If we disable on of the ports the switch sees the port as Down, and the teaming works.

So, not sure if you understand my problem, but what can this be? Why do one cluster work, but not the other?

February 13th, 2015 11:51am

Hi,

I am sorry that I am not quite sure of your deployment. Do you mean that the two clusters have the same cofiguration and you got the different results after disabling a port in the team?
Best regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2015 3:04am

That is correct.

I have two cluster, all nodes have the same settings, driver version and the teaming are the same.

But they have different results when i disable on of the ports in the team.

February 16th, 2015 5:24am

Hello

Are you using NIC teaming through a 3rd party software?
I mean, are using NIC teaming software from BroadCom or HP to create the team?

Florent

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2015 6:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics