Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V - Data Protection Manager 2012 SP1 Backup Failures

Hi 

I'm using Data Protection Manager 2012 SP1 and recently deployed two Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V servers. 

I noticed all of the backups on the Hyper-V 2012 R2 servers are failing. 

As far as I've seen, there's no reason for failures based on the support matrix:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj860400.aspx

The error description from Data Protection Manager 2012 SP1 is below:

Affected area: \Online\<VirtualMachineName>
Occurred since: 2014-01-27 10:15:21 AM
Description: The replica of Microsoft Hyper-V \Online\<VirtualMachineName> on <Hyper-VHostName> is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent. 

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)
An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: Unknown error (0x80041010) (0x80041010))
More information
Recommended action: Retry the operation.
Synchronize with consistency check.
Run a synchronization job with consistency check...
Resolution: To dismiss the alert, click below
Inactivate

I've re-added the datasources and it's still not possible to succeed.

So far it would seem that a revert back to Server 2012 would be the solution in this scenario.

Thank you.

January 27th, 2014 3:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics