Windows Server 2012, RDS Vdi

Hi, 

Is it possible to use server 2012 rds/vdi to deploy vdi pools/virtual machines that join either a workgroup or a untrusted domain?

Im trying to setup a lab and testing environment that is in a isolated vlan. 

I have already setup a pool in which vms join a production ad and everything works fine and dandy :)

November 7th, 2012 11:45am

Your WS2012 RDS/VDI server must be member of a domain. Workgroup or untrusted domain is not supported.

Benny

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 12th, 2012 9:34pm

Hello Benny,

I have a couple of domain / forest related questions. and I cannot find them on the internet. do you have time to answer them or show me where I can find the answers?

Q1. is i possible to have a Windows 2012 R2 RDS vdi implementation and provision Windows 7 VDI machines in another domain?

Q2. is i possible to have a Windows 2012 R2 RDS vdi implementation and provision Windows 7 VDI machines in another Forest?

Q3. is i possible to have a Windows 2012 R2 RDS vdi implementation with Windows 7 personal VDI machines in 1 AD/Forest. and have users from another AD/Forest to login and use them?

Q4. what is the best practises for production environments? having the RDS servers in one domain and the Windows 7 VDI machine in the same or another AD?

I hope you have some answers,

Andre

May 31st, 2015 2:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics