Windows Server 2008 password
I have a password which meets all the criteria - at least one Uppercase, at least 7 characters, at least one number... I've had this password since June and all has been fine. I used it this morning and it worked. Then the machine locked up and since then my password will not work. It tells me my password is incorrect. I've rebooted the machine to no avail. Also, when I try to reset the password, it tells me "This feature requires removable media, such as a floppy disk or USB flash drive." My IT department tried using a USB flash drive and that didn't work either. Any suggestions??
July 21st, 2011 12:58pm

Hi JM, Thank you for your post. If the account is a domain user, try to use this account logon another server, then reset the password. If the account is a local user, try to use another account logon server to reset the password or boot server with WINPE CD to reset the password. If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 25th, 2011 3:53am

Reset a domain password is complex than the local one, you can see this informative tutorial about how to reset windows server domain password.
July 25th, 2011 11:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics