Windows Server 2008 can't see the network connection on VirtualBox
I am running Virtual server sun box on a computer, and I install Window Server 2008. I install everything up until viewing a network connect in the server manager. When I click on view network connections nothing appears. What should I do? Do I need to be connected to the internet? I try to do it at home with my internet and it won't let me. I am getting fusterated please help.
February 3rd, 2010 4:28am

You installed Windows Server 2008 on a virtual machine hosted by a Sun Box or also known as VirtualBox (like Sun Microsystems)? The first question that you need an answer for is whether or not that configuration is supported. I don't see Windows 2008 listed yet on their website as being supported.http://www.virtualbox.org/The reason why you dont see a NIC on the 2008 virtual machine is because I didnt detect it as a plug-n-play device from the host server. It has nothing to do with being connected to the internet.Any reason why you didnt go with Microsoft's Virtual PC, Virtual Server, or Hyper-V?You may want to post to their forums to see what kind of answer you get back on the support question. Visit my blog: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 3rd, 2010 4:43am

I will try that thanks. The reason why I don't use the others is because I tried and the labtop is the school's. Could it be also that it is running on XP?
February 3rd, 2010 4:58am

Hi, From the following link, Windows Server 2008 should work with additions. Have you installed additions in the Windows Server 2008 VM? http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Guest_OSes As we mainly focus on the General question about Windows Server system and here is not the best support resource for VirtualBox. If you want to perform the further research, I recommend that you initial a post in VirtualBox related forum so that you can get the most qualified pool of respondents. Thanks for your understanding. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 3rd, 2010 9:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics