Windows Server 2008 and VMware
Hi, i have a few questions that i cannot seem to resolve, i currently run a website on my server, which runs windows server 2008. so far no problems. however, im currently interested in running another website inside a vmware virtual machine running windows server 2008 as well. so the question is how do i redirect incoming web request for a specific domain to the vmware virtual machine. any help would be appreciated, thanks
September 23rd, 2008 1:56am

Hello, Do you mean that, for example, you want to redirect requests to www.bbb.com into the virtual machine, while leaving other web requests to www.aaa.com into the host machine? You may only need to configure the DNS zone so that all the incoming requests to www.bbb.com can be redirected to the IP address of the virtual machine. This is the same situation as that you have two different physical machines. However, I am sorry to say that I have little knowledge on VMware and I am not sure how to configure the virtual network to fulfill what you need. You may need to contact VMware for the detailed information on how to do this, including configuring the virtual network, virtual network adapters, etc. Just for your reference, if you are running 64-bit version of Windows Server 2008, and if your computer support Hyper-V technology, I would highly suggest that you try Hyper-V. It is fully supported and works well with virtual machines running Windows Server 2008. Best regards,Chang Yin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 23rd, 2008 2:13pm

Yes that exactly what i wanted to do, which is the keep www.abc.com on the host and have www.abcd.com on the vmware server and have incoming request for www.abcd.com forward to the vmware server and not the host IIS.
September 23rd, 2008 9:53pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics