Windows Server 2008 VPN Help
Hello all! So this is my issue and situation: Network has a server with Windows Server2008 installed. All workstations trying to connect through VPN are running Microsoft Windows XP Pro. We currently had our static I.P.'s updated. I work in the admin building, also where the server is located. We have one Linksys router attached to the server. There is another building in the back with workstations that isnt connected to our network because its out of reach(All the workstations in the back are connected to the internet through a Verizon modem,). MY MAIN ISSUE is that I cannot get the back building workstations to connect through an updated VPN connection(When i say updated i mean that I updated the VPN I.P. and DNS settings). VPN's aren't hard to setup but I did not originally set up this network. The routers and modems are setup properly for a VPN connection to take place. However the error I get when trying to connect to the vpn from the back building tells me that there is an issue with one of the routers or inside the server. AM I MISSING SOMETHING inside the server? I have never worked with a vpn connection to a server so I am not forshore if there is anything on the server that pertains to the VPN. If anyone has any EXPERT tips that would benefit me in figuring this out I would appreciate it sooooooo much as this is such an annoying issue!!
May 11th, 2011 11:56am

Hello, the networking forum is the better place for your question: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverNIS/threadsBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 11th, 2011 2:10pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics