Windows Server 2008 UAC
I'm in the process of building a domain using Windows Server 2008. I would like each System Administrator to have a separate Domain Admin account to administer the domain. When I attempt to access to a folder on the C: drive using a Domain Admin account on a member server, I'm prompted with You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to get access to this folder. If I click continue, my user account is added to the ACL on the folder. As you can imagine, permissions could get real messy with something like this. What are my options to get around this?
March 15th, 2009 1:04am

Hi,You can configure the following policies to disable prompt for administrators:User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval ModeUser Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval ModeCreate a new GPO and navigate to:[Computer Configuration/Policies/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Settings/Security Options]Configure User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode to "Elevate without prompting".Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 16th, 2009 3:15pm

what a strange solution to a trivial problem.
June 3rd, 2010 8:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics