Windows Server 2008 Stuck after Hyper-V update
Hey,I have just insalled kb950050 for Hyper-V and I have an issue. The pc is now stuck on "Configuring Updates - Stage 3 of 3 - 53%". Its been stuck on that for about 6 hours. Ive tried restarting it, renaming the SoftwareDistrubution folder to something else, even starting in Safe mode (any of them). No matter what I do, its stuck on 53%.I shut down the machines beforehand like I was told, I even completed a windows update, and rebooted, prior to installing the update.Any ideas? I'm fairly screwed if I cant get this going. I can connect to it remotely, but I cant get Event Viewer (RPC Server unavailable) but im able to start / stop servers, and get onto the hard disks.Help!!
July 1st, 2008 11:11am

Is this an HP server? See this KB.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950792Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 1st, 2008 1:49pm

I ran into this same problem while attempting to uninstall Hyper-V from an HP server. I followed the instructions of the article, but now after the first restart and renaming the files mentioned, I am right back at 75% updating, waiting for it to finish. Has anyone else run into this?
November 25th, 2008 10:10pm

I ran into this same problem while attempting to uninstall Hyper-V from an HP server. I followed the instructions of the article, but now after the first restart and renaming the files mentioned, I am right back at 75% updating, waiting for it to finish. Has anyone else run into this? Still no answer? Wow, why am I NOT surprised that nobody at MS has no freakin' clue about their "server" product... BTW I got the same problem and this PoS Server 2008 install disc says "it's not the same version"... of course not, retard - it's got SP1 already... ...so now what? What should I do according to MS' giant "Random tips for all the cases when we are clueless about the zillion different problems our users report" cookbook?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 26th, 2009 9:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics