Windows Server 2008 Standard x64 iso not bootable?
I've downloaded the Windows Server 2008 Standard 64 bit from the downloads webpage athttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B6E99D4C-A40E-4FD2-A0F7-32212B520F50&displaylang=en. I extract this to a folder on the desktop using Alcohol 120 and burn to a dvd. Next I set my boot order to boot from CD and once it tries to do this I get a message saying "No boot device available". Yet if I try to boot from my Vista installation CD everything runs smoothly. I also cannot run the sperr32.exe file on the iso to install it from within Vista. I don't know what else to try.
October 15th, 2008 8:15am

The files you can download in that location are bootable ISO image files.AnISO image includes all the data of files contained on the archived CD/DVD. They are stored in an uncompressed format. In addition to data of the files it also contains all the filesystem metadata, including boot code, structures, and attributesThere is no need to extract these files. When you do the filesystem metadata gets lost. When you burn it to media it will result in non-bootable media.Please review the video on burning ISO files using Alcohol 120%.Alternatively useAlex Feinmans free ISO Recorder v3 on Windows Vista to burn these ISO files directly to media.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 15th, 2008 9:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics