Windows Server 2008 Setup and Configuration for Home Network
Hello Every one, I"m have no IT experience. I would like to use Windows Server 2008 R as a Home Network as a plan to Store Digital Media on the Server and it can be access anywhere in the house. PC for Windows Server 2008 R that will install server 2008 is Dell XPS 410, Intell Q6600, 4GB DDR2 800MHZ, 250GB HD for OS, 5TB for Storage Space, My plan to make the server work was Windows Home Server, But I don't want to use windows Home Server, Because I know with the Windows Server 2008 it have more ability to do more thing than Home Server. I like to have all my digitial media (music, Movie, TV Show, and recording TV Show) store on server and can be access from my other PC, laptop, WD TV live Plus, Sony BDP-S570 and Sony LCD TV. I don't know if the inital installation will able to config. all those or I have to do more mannual configuration after the inintall installation process compelted. IF possibole can any one guide me. Thank you.
January 6th, 2011 9:48am

Hi, Thanks for the post. You may take a look at the following article: http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/Configuring_Windows_Server_2008_File_Sharing Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. As it is a File server-related issue, you may re-post a new thread to this forum (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverfiles/threads) Thanks, MilesPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 7th, 2011 4:20am

Hi, I just want to check if the information provided was helpful. If there is any update on this issue, please feel free to let me know. We are looking forward to your reply.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 10th, 2011 3:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics