Windows Server 2008 RTM - explorer not open folder in same windows
HelloOn my newly WS2008 i have a huge problemin explorer when i double click on a folder, explorer open a new windows and "open in the same windows" is choosen ......am i the only one having this issue ?
February 7th, 2008 1:15pm

I am having the same issue. The only solution that I have seen work but is not the best solution is to delete the user profile and recreate it. If anyone comes up with a better solution, please post. Thanks.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 26th, 2008 2:34am

What worked for me is>Value Data in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell string -change to explore... mine was set at open. Works good now
February 26th, 2008 10:19am

That does not work for me. My problem is definitely a profile corruption issue becuase if i clear my profile my problem is fixed but it will come back eventually. Notice that the HKCR tree is not a profile specific part of the registry so between the both of us we are running into different issues. If someone out there knows how to fix my problem, please tell me.
February 27th, 2008 12:49am

This is not an issue I have seen at the moment. I will bubble it up. In the meantime, it would be helpful if you opened a email support case with Microsoft Product Support at support.microsoft.com. Thanks!
March 6th, 2008 5:25am

I have figured out the issue. It turns out this problem happens when you install Windows Installer 7.0 SP1 on any x64 version of Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista. After you install, if you log out and then log back in you will see the issue. Uninstalling Windows Installer 7.0 SP1 seems to fix the issue.
March 6th, 2008 5:30am

i took off the /seperate from HKCR\Folder\Shell\Explore\Command Default and it works for me. It now reads; %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /e,/idlist,%I,%L
May 26th, 2009 6:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics