Windows Server 2008 R2 says that the version has not been approved.
Hello, since yesterday, after a restart, perhaps an update, my Windows Server 2008 R2, which I got from dreamspark, tells me that the version has not been validated. I may reenter the key or try online activation - nothing works. I have this product about a year ago and this never happened before. Do you have an idea on this? I could't even find a free telephone number for Windows Server support. How could I pay 300 Euros for a single call? This is ridiculous... Is there another number? Thanks in advance!
December 29th, 2010 7:24pm

Hi, The re-activation failure issue occurs because the installation of certain updates, third party software, and device drivers may have reset the hardware configuration database. This information is used to trace any big hardware change. If the hardware change exceeds an allowed situation, it will trigger the re-activation of the Operating System. This feature is designed to protect an activated Operating System from being cloned from one computer to another computer which doesn't comply with the EULA (End User License Agreement) of the Microsoft Windows Operating System. When trying to re-activate online, if the Product Key of the current system has already been registered it is normal to receive the message that the Product Key is in use. At this point, we will need to re-activate the system via the Automatic Phone Activation System. Microsoft offers local Customer Service Centers to process toll-free phone activation requests. To ensure that this activation issue is resolved in a timely and efficient manner, I suggest contacting the Server 2008 R2 Phone Activation Center. The other option is the Self activation. For your reference, I am attaching the steps to perform the Self Activation of Windows Server 2008 R2. Please note, you will need a pen and paper to write the phone and the 48 digit ID number. Step 1: How to retrieve the Installation ID ================================ 1. Log on Windows Server 2008 R2 as an administrator. Click Start, type "SLUI.EXE 4" (without the quotation marks) in the search box, and press “Enter”. Note: There is a space between "SLUI.EXE" and "4". 2. Select the nearest location, and click "Next". 3. Please click "Continue" when the User Account Control dialog-box appears. 4. The Windows Activation will generate a toll-free phone number. The installation ID will be displayed in the following format: xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx 5. Please write down the phone number and the installation ID. Microsoft Product Activation system will then generate a confirmation ID and activate Window Server 2008 R2 on your computer. For your convenience, I have included the detailed steps below: Step 2: Calling the Activation Center ============================ Note: Microsoft Product Activation is completely anonymous; therefore, no personal information is collected. The entire activation process will take about 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated. Please listen carefully to the Interactive Voice System's instructions: 1. Select Windows Server 2008 R2. 2. Please enter the installation ID when prompted. 3. Please note the confirmation ID for further use. Step 3: Activate Windows Server 2008 R2 using the confirmation ID =========================================== 1. Please enter the confirmation ID in the Windows Activation box and press "Next". 2. Please follow the onscreen steps to complete the system activation process. Your Windows Server 2008 R2 Activation is now complete. If the issue persists, it is recommended to contact Microsoft Activation Center to activate the Windows Server 2008 R2. Please refer to: Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx Regards, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 4th, 2011 12:09am

Hi, The re-activation failure issue occurs because the installation of certain updates, third party software, and device drivers may have reset the hardware configuration database. This information is used to trace any big hardware change. If the hardware change exceeds an allowed situation, it will trigger the re-activation of the Operating System. This feature is designed to protect an activated Operating System from being cloned from one computer to another computer which doesn't comply with the EULA (End User License Agreement) of the Microsoft Windows Operating System. When trying to re-activate online, if the Product Key of the current system has already been registered it is normal to receive the message that the Product Key is in use. At this point, we will need to re-activate the system via the Automatic Phone Activation System. Microsoft offers local Customer Service Centers to process toll-free phone activation requests. To ensure that this activation issue is resolved in a timely and efficient manner, I suggest contacting the Server 2008 R2 Phone Activation Center. The other option is the Self activation. For your reference, I am attaching the steps to perform the Self Activation of Windows Server 2008 R2. Please note, you will need a pen and paper to write the phone and the 48 digit ID number. Step 1: How to retrieve the Installation ID ================================ 1. Log on Windows Server 2008 R2 as an administrator. Click Start, type "SLUI.EXE 4" (without the quotation marks) in the search box, and press “Enter”. Note: There is a space between "SLUI.EXE" and "4". 2. Select the nearest location, and click "Next". 3. Please click "Continue" when the User Account Control dialog-box appears. 4. The Windows Activation will generate a toll-free phone number. The installation ID will be displayed in the following format: xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx – xxxxxx 5. Please write down the phone number and the installation ID. Microsoft Product Activation system will then generate a confirmation ID and activate Window Server 2008 R2 on your computer. For your convenience, I have included the detailed steps below: Step 2: Calling the Activation Center ============================ Note: Microsoft Product Activation is completely anonymous; therefore, no personal information is collected. The entire activation process will take about 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated. Please listen carefully to the Interactive Voice System's instructions: 1. Select Windows Server 2008 R2. 2. Please enter the installation ID when prompted. 3. Please note the confirmation ID for further use. Step 3: Activate Windows Server 2008 R2 using the confirmation ID =========================================== 1. Please enter the confirmation ID in the Windows Activation box and press "Next". 2. Please follow the onscreen steps to complete the system activation process. Your Windows Server 2008 R2 Activation is now complete. Regards, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 4th, 2011 12:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics