Windows Server 2008 R2 resetting all the time
Good day all, i am new to windows server 2008 r2, i have set up a basic server in an office connected to a 16 way switch, i then have 5 remot pcs that are connected to the same switch. They are all connected to the network i have setup but the problem now is that the remote pcs keep resetting themselves, but if i unplug from the server they do not reset themselves. it also looks like they reset after around 80 minutes more or less. please help, thank you
March 24th, 2011 12:19am

Hi, Thanks for posting here. Could you discuss the resetting in detail? Do you mean network setting on clients were reset? Have you deployed DHCP service on windows server 2008 R2? And is this a 3th layout switch ? Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2011 1:19pm

hi there, thanks for reply I have the server with win 2008 server r2 setup in an office, connected to a 16 way switch. I have 5xsmall (plant nodes/pc's) connected to the switch. My customer says that evry 82 minutes or so the plant node/pc's reset themselves. and this makes them restart their capturing from fresh. I have assigned fixed ip address to each of the plant nodes as well as the server. they are all in range of each other. thank you. I dont think i have the dhcp deployed, not sure about what 3th layout switch is. thank you
March 25th, 2011 9:32am

Hi. What OS is the clients running, is there any information in the eventlogs? You say resets, reboots, disconnects, or what? If bluescreens do you have that information?Oscar Virot
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 1st, 2011 3:42pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics