Windows Server 2008 R2 loads slow
I have never had this issue before but the other day I noticed my Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter machine was loading to slow, also I noticed I could not access it through Tight VNC. I only use it as a active directory server(along with dns), fileserver and a webserver. I have used the same configuration on Windows Server 2008 standard and never had any issues. My vnc configuration says everything is normal, and I checked my two nics. I have tried to download hotfixes to fix this problem for 2008 r2 but they wont install, it says the hotfix is inapplicable for this computer. I don't know if this is an issue with both of my IP addresses but I cant remote connect and it hangs at applying computer and user settings and a preparing desktop. If anyone could help me that would be great.
July 2nd, 2013 12:03pm

For the problem that you cannot remote connect the server through Tight-VNC, I suggest ask in VNC forum for help.

For the server loads slow problem, do you mean it takes long time for Windows to boot? If yes, please test in Safe Mode and Clean Boot first to check if its caused by third-party startup items or services.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2013 3:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics