Windows Server 2008 R2 after trying to make backup to Buffalo Linkstation not boot
One colleague connected the buffalo linkstation to our server and tried to make back up file to it. Something went wrong (the backup was not completed) and server restarted. Now it boots (the scrolling bar finishes and after it i can see mouse cursor in the black screen) and after few seconds restarts. I can not turn off the auto restart after system failure in bios (there is no such function). And it is not a hardware problem (i connected the hard disk to another machine and the result was the same). I tried fixboot, fixmbr, rebuildbcd comands in command prompt and they all finished successfully but the error still exist. Maybe someone had such or similar problem and knows the solution? Thanks in advance!
September 14th, 2012 11:15am

Restart the computer in the safe mode and try it. If that doesnt helps you can boot with the media DVD and start repairing it. http://www.arabitpro.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 15th, 2012 2:10am

Well fixboot, fixmbr, rebuildbcd commands I did with the DVD and it not helped
September 15th, 2012 4:23am

have you tried restarting the computer in the safe mode. It doesn't help press F8 on the boot and "disable the automatic reboot" option from the list most probably you will find a a BSOD are a normal boot and do let me know what it shows.http://www.arabitpro.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 15th, 2012 5:04am

Besides Syeds last suggestion, I also recommend running Startup Repair tool that can solve many issues that prevent Windows from starting correctly. Boot from a Windows Server 2008 R2 CD Select Repair your computer option Select Command Prompt and run the following command Cd recovery Startrep Startup Repair tool will then try to fix the startup problem. Thanks Zhang
September 18th, 2012 2:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics