Windows Server 2008 R2 VM issues
Hi, We are having a couple of problems across a number of sites with what appears to be a virtual environment issue/RDP issue. The setup is as follows X64 Server 2008 R2 with Hyper V role installed and 2 VM’s setup, 1 x SBS server 2008 and 1 X64 Server 2008 R2 used for RDS access. There are no problems with the SBS server across all sites however we do have a few problems with the server 2008 R2 guest. With this machine we are unable to query active directory when updating NTFS permissions on a local directory, for example if I browse to the c:\temp on the RDS server and try to give permissions to an active directory security group the group name cannot be resolved, even if I type one letter and select check name no user accounts or groups are shown (From this location: domain.local) option is selected When opening outlook for the first time the account settings are not automatically found and configured, you have to create the account manually. You can also not use Out of Office either you receive a no server is available error message. When you ctrl + click on the outlook icon in the taskbar and select Test email AutoConfiguration and run the test the auto configuration tests fail This happens when I RDP to the server and happens for all users. If I VNC to the server and take over my RDP session I still experience the above problems. If I logout and then login via VNC I am able to query AD for security groups, use Out of Office and Exchange AutoDiscover works with no problems at me. So basically it appears that when you RDP to the server all the above issues are problems but when connecting to the console session via VNC the above are no longer problems. We are having this problems over multiple sites all with the same setup and same results, has anyone seen this before or have any ideas. RDP setting somewhere??
June 30th, 2011 6:36am

Hello, i suggest to use the SBS forum instead this one: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/smallbusinessserver/threads There are the SBS experts and i assume this belongs to the specific DNS setup of the SBS server.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2011 11:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics