Windows Server 2008 R2 Time Problem
Ok I have three 2008 R2 DC that I am having a weird time problem with. I am familiar with w32tm and know how to change settings at the command prompt and at the reg level. I have my PDC set up with NTP and it will get time fine. Here is the weird thing. When I do a resync at the command line it will adjust my time by two min back and then it will forward by 2 min after a few sec. I then do a /monitor and see that I am off by -187 sec from the NTP server that I am set up to sync with. Here comes the strange part. If I stop the W32time service it should not auto adjust the time then if it is changed. Well after stopping I then manually change the time with the time command and it will be set for a few sec and then back to a time setting. How is windows updating the time and where from if the W32time service is not running? Josh
October 16th, 2010 4:55pm

You might look around here. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/w32time/ Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 16th, 2010 5:56pm

Hi, Are your Domain Controller physical machines or Virtual machines? If they are VMs, VM addons may change system time. If W32time service was disabled, system may pull time information from BIOS of your local computer. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 18th, 2010 6:13am

Hi, Do you need any other assistance? If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 20th, 2010 10:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics