Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Installation Issue. Stage 1 of 2 Continually Rebooting
Just tried installing service pack 1 on a Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and it just seems to be continually rebooting. It gets to the screen with Stage 1 of 2 Preparing to configure Windows. Do not turn off your computer. Then reboots and the same screen appears then it reboots again. Has been going for a few hours now. The server has WSUS & DHCP installed. Also the ESET NOD32 Remote Administration Console. Please help :) Thanks.
March 21st, 2011 1:27am

Hi, Grubsy, As Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 was just released, I would like to suggest you check if your hardware is in the list of Windows Server Catelog ScorpioTechNet Software Assurance Managed Newsgroup | MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician | Server & Enterprise Administrator | Solution Architect
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 21st, 2011 5:11am

Hi Scorpio, It is a VM running on VMware ESXi 4.1.0, 348481. I have successfully installed SP1 on other VMs without any issues at all. Grubsy
March 21st, 2011 6:18am

Hmm interesting. In VMware I went into edit settings, clicked on Network adapter 1, then unchecked 'Connected' This time it completed the service pack installation fine. When it was at the login screen I reconnected the network and it is working fine. Any idea's why this would have worked? Grubsy
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 21st, 2011 5:42pm

It seems to be related to network adapters in VMWare, you may contact VMWare for more information.
March 21st, 2011 11:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics