Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard - Shares not accessible
Hi mohammad Yasin, Thanks for posting here. What if we access this server in other protocols and other services , like ping 192.168.1.18 form other clients ? Have we modified any settings to this server (patch or software installation..etc. )before this issue occurred ? Meanwhile, you mentioned that SEP has been installed on it ,so we had such issue with this software previously , in order to prevent any potential cause , could we temporally disable it and see if we can remotely access this server properly: Unable to access Shares "The specified network name is no longer available" when Symantec Endpoint Protection prior to 11.0.4202 (MR4-MP2) or Symantec Antivirus 10.2 are installed on a Windows 2003, 2008 or 2008 R2 Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961293 Thanks. Tiger LiTiger Li TechNet Community Support
June 14th, 2012 3:24am

Hi mohammad Yasin, Thanks for posting here. What if we access this server in other protocols and other services , like ping 192.168.1.18 form other clients ? Have we modified any settings to this server (patch or software installation..etc. )before this issue occurred ? Meanwhile, you mentioned that SEP has been installed on it ,so we had such issue with this software previously , in order to prevent any potential cause , could we temporally disable it and see if we can remotely access this server properly: Unable to access Shares "The specified network name is no longer available" when Symantec Endpoint Protection prior to 11.0.4202 (MR4-MP2) or Symantec Antivirus 10.2 are installed on a Windows 2003, 2008 or 2008 R2 Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961293 Thanks. Tiger LiTiger Li TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 14th, 2012 3:35am

We have a Windows Server 2008 R2 standard edition with SP1. It is a member server. Let us call it ERPSERVER. Its IP Address 192.168.1.18. We have 3 folders on the server which are shared. Let us call it Share, Data, AXFILES. It is having Symantec Endpoint Protection version 11. We were able to access the files until a few weeks ago. But recently I am not able to access the share folder on the server from any of the clients. Even I cannot access the admin share (C$, D$ etc) When I try from my client \\192.168.1.18 or \\ERPSERVER i get the error 'Network Path not found'. Same happens if I try to access the admin share. But from the same server(ERPSERVER) when I try to access \\192.168.1.18 or \\ERPSERVER it opens up and shows the shared folder.
June 14th, 2012 4:13am

Hi, Make sure the SEP client that you have installed is configured correctly for a server OS. See our Best Practices for Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) on Windows Servers How to enable file and printer sharing with Symantec Endpoint Protection installed
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 15th, 2012 3:13pm

Hi, Make sure the SEP client that you have installed is configured correctly for a server OS. See our Best Practices for Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) on Windows Servers How to enable file and printer sharing with Symantec Endpoint Protection installed
June 15th, 2012 3:25pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics