Windows Server 2008 R2 Installation Freezes on logo?
I have an intel Server SR1550ALR with 32GB of RAM and 8 250GB Seagates Hard with Adaptec ASR-3805/128MB RAID Controller the server work fine for two plus years runing ESX 3.x. Decided to wipe it all off and start all over with Server 2008 R2 to setup Hyper-V. Now Have Update the BIOS on both the Motherboard and the Controller. Ran multiple test and all them passes, Memories, Hard Drive, Controller and incling the Motherboard. Did the F8 While booting the CD andand Disable At this point it is. I am stock, I have not encounter this issue. Before I go spent a dime for new controller. I hope someone out there can help or point me to the right direction. Also reconfigure the RAID, As I continue to seek for solutions I will updating this post. ThanksFeddly Jeanniton
May 15th, 2010 4:30am

"Did the F8 While booting the CD andand Disable" Can you elaborate? Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 15th, 2010 6:41pm

While the Systems is booting from the CD Press F8 and select Disable Driver Signature and Enforcement. That didn't work The next thing I tried, is to choose "Safe Mode with Networking" and it loaded evrything else and get stock at "Loaded: \windows\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys". I have used the same CD to build other server before and after... Feddly Jeanniton
May 16th, 2010 12:40am

You might also try the Intel Deployment Assistant for that system. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 16th, 2010 3:02am

Thanks, I tried that too but no luck, it seems that is the RAID Controller card.Feddly Jeanniton
May 25th, 2010 4:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics