Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprizes Edition hang at welcome Screen

I have a number of remote users.  The logon process hangs at the "Welcome" screen. I have left this over night to see if the process would complete but it did not.

Advice on how to fix this or drivers would be appreciated.

July 29th, 2013 2:42am

Is it possible to restart your server?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 29th, 2013 3:44am

Only Hard reboot this is the option & when we give command to restart the server its hanged
July 29th, 2013 3:56am

Try and AntiVirus scan of your server.

Also have a look at the event log to see if anything pops up during the restart attempt.

You could try, from elevated powershell to use Restart-Computer cmdlet. Note that this will restart your computer without warning when you run it. 

July 29th, 2013 5:36am

I already scan of full server from Anti virus and nothing I found pop ups in event viewer during restart attempt.
July 29th, 2013 5:59am

Post them here and lets see what they say.
July 29th, 2013 6:00am

When server hang at welcome then i found event id is 7011 and error is A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NlaSvc service. In event id 7011 i found some different errors like :- 1.A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the UmRdpService service. 2.A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the LanmanWorkstation service. 3.A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the SessionEnv service. 4.A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Schedule service. 5.A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WinDefend service. 6.A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the CryptSvc service. 7.A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Dnscache service. I think this is the issues behind this but i am not confirm.May be some other issues
July 29th, 2013 6:29am

Hiya, 

Search on those entries, gives quite a few results. So that looks like your problem. 

1: Do you have a logoff policy in place on the server for disconnected uers?

2: Is it a remote desktop server?

3: Is it utilizing Citrix functionality.

July 29th, 2013 1:37pm

1.Some time ago i created but now removed

2. Yes this is remote desktop server.

3. No we did not use Citrix.

July 29th, 2013 1:55pm

1: For an RDS server you should have such a policy in place, as it will clean up sessions from time to time, which is required. 

2: Here are q few with a similar issue as yours. 
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/2c4b8121-da1c-4c11-b11d-2dff099ba245/windows-server-2008-r2-sp1-rds-hang-and-stop-responding-new-rdp-session-already-connected-session

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/77a521a1-e3d5-4ab2-9c0f-be4a5498ce1c/windows-server-2008-sp2-stops-responding-as-multiple-services-timeout

July 29th, 2013 3:39pm

Hi Jespar

In smiliar thread mentions some patches but these patch for x86 platforms request you to kindly provide patches for x64 platform.

July 30th, 2013 7:20am

Hi,

It seems that the patches in the above similar threads can be applied for both x86 and x64, which patch do you want?

Thanks.

July 30th, 2013 11:43pm

Hi,

above mention patches I installed and now I observed the server for next 24 to 48 hours then let u know.

July 31st, 2013 6:07am

Hi,

Today Morning server was hang at one time plz give advice how I fix this issue

and when I check event viewer I found this type of error

Event ID is 4005

The Windows logon process has unexpectedly terminated.

Another Event ID is 7011

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the LanmanWorkstation service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Netman service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the LanmanServer service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the hidserv service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the CryptSvc service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the CertPropSvc service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the BITS service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the wuauserv service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the UmRdpService

service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the SessionEnv service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Schedule service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the seclogon service.

August 2nd, 2013 8:12am

Hi

Any updates on this ?

August 5th, 2013 5:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics