Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise - Cannot login to the Server normally only using safe mode
Hi Tearing my hair out with this one. All of our client machines could not login to the server and the message " The Security Database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship". After doing some digging I amended the AD records for one of the client machines. Once the server was restarted I then could not log in to the server and the above message was also displayed. I followed all the usual actions to try and login as the administrator to the server without success. I have however discovered that I can login when the server is started in safe mode. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Brent G Davenport
December 25th, 2011 9:36am

Dcdiag /v /c /d /e /s:dcname >c:\dcdiag.txt and also unjoin the client from the domain and join it again and see what happenshttp://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 25th, 2011 9:40am

Thanks Syed I have followed the above instructions and I still get the Security Database Error when I try to login to the DC. Please note that the message is displayed when I try to do a local login directly into the server, as well as from remotely connected machines which is very strange.Brent G Davenport
December 25th, 2011 10:22am

Also note that if I try to login to the server using the local machine name I get The user name or password is incorrect - which is incorrect because i use the same credentials to login in safe mode.Brent G Davenport
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 25th, 2011 10:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics