Windows Server 2008 R2 DC Replacement MOBO
Hello, depending on the hardware located on the motherboard it may be possible to re-activate the server. But Dell as the reseller should give you all required information as the OEM belongs to them.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
February 1st, 2012 5:58pm

We have a Dell Poweredge 510 that has a bad voltage rail on the mobo. We are going to get it replaced by Dell with no problems. My question however is, even though it is an identical motherboard, what is required since this is a DC with DFS, DNS, and the standard roles. I know with 2k3 it was just a process of performing an upgrade/repair install for the drivers. I have been unable to find any relevant up to date information via Google that is really helpful so I was hoping someone here may be able to give me a few pointers.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2012 9:55am

Hello, depending on the hardware located on the motherboard it may be possible to re-activate the server. But Dell as the reseller should give you all required information as the OEM belongs to them.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
February 4th, 2012 9:57am

Alright well I will talk to Dell and see what they say. I was under the impression that since it is an identical replacement board, there wouldn't be much needed besides maybe re-activation. Thanks for your insight.
February 4th, 2012 10:25am

Hello, do NOT forget to make a backup of the machine BEFORE starting.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
February 5th, 2012 3:19am

One thing to be aware of is that the MAC Addresses will be different on the new motherboard. You may have to set up teaming again and re-apply IP addresses and DNS Settings to the new Team. You may find that in Device Manager there may be hidden NIC's. Remove them as they may cause warnings to pop up about duplicate gateways.
February 5th, 2012 3:56am

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here .Arthur Li TechNet Community Support
February 11th, 2012 1:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics