Windows Server 2008 R2 - Restore Previous Versions - Restored File Filled with Nulls

ISSUE:

The Restore Previous versions feature on my file server stopped working some time in the recent past.  If I look at the Previous Version for a file or folder the items are listed and they show a valid file size.  However, when I restore a previous version of a file it is completely filled with nulls.  I have tried local restores on the server and remote restores.  The results are the same; I get a file that is the correct size but completely filled with nulls.  The Server is Windows 2008 R2 64.  I have searched for any reports of similar issues to no avail.   I'm looking for any ideas on how to resolve the issue preferably while maintaning archived files.

August 27th, 2013 4:53pm

Hi,

I'm not clear about your problem. What meaning is Restored File Filled with Nulls?

Please find the folder which contain the specific file, right click on it and choose Properties. Go to Previous Versions tab, open a snapshot and see if the file could be accessed correctly here instead of restoring it first.

Regards,
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 28th, 2013 2:30pm

Hi,

Did you resolve the problem? Please feel free to give us any update.

Regards,

September 2nd, 2013 9:06am

Hello,

Can you help me with this too?

My Shadow copy stop working!

When my clients right click on Folders, they saw only date in the past.. and the new date not comming!

When i went to file server

==> Computer Management==> Right click on "Share Folder" after that, i got nothing! Only "Gray" at the "Title bar" of computer management.

Please see attached:

What should i do? Please help me.

Best regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 10th, 2015 2:50pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics