Windows Server 2008 R2 - Redundant Profiles w/mapped drives on Multiple DCs
Hi, I am running into a wall trying to research this problem I am having while trying to build a DC environment in Server 2008 R2. I am using 3 DCs, DC_NOC, DC_LocationA, and DC_LocationB in front of a 12TB SAN, profiles are mapping drives to the SAN from each DC with iSCSI initiator. Each DC is servicing it's own area. My problem/question is: If DC_LocationA goes down, how am I able to have the profiles on that DC w/mapped drives specific to the DC remain accessible while DC_LocationA is still down without having to go in one by one and re-map the drives by hand? Thank you!
December 3rd, 2010 3:52pm

Hello, using a DC for this kind of setup is a not optimal solution, DCs should not be sued that way, let them do the basic job, AD/DNS/GC and use member servers for the user data instead. If high availability is needed think about a clustering solution, maybe over different subnets, possible with Windows server 2008 EE/DC and higher OS.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 5th, 2010 7:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics