Windows Server 2008 R2 - No Audio Devices are installed
I have been trying to get audio working on my server with no luck at all. Originally it was running Windows Server 2008, now upgraded to WIndows Server 2008 R2. I have tried to install PCI sound cards (quite old) and even a new 5.1 USB sound device. The USB 5.1 works fine on Windows 7 x64. On Windows Server 2008 R2 the device shows up in Device Manager with no problems as "USB Audio Device" If I install the WIndows 7 Driver the device shows up in Device Manager as "USB Multi-Channel Audio Device" with no problems. But no matter what, I get the message "No Audio Devices are installed" I have a hardware device that Receives audio from a weather Satellite and it needs to be processed into a graphic image via the line-in. I don't event want to hear anything! I really have no idea what to do next - any ideas? Link to the USB card http://www.dealextreme.com/p/external-5-1-channel-usb-2-0-sound-card-optical-audio-adapter-silver-41288 Chris Chris Crowe
August 25th, 2011 6:22pm

Hello, make sure to have the correct audio drivers for Windows server 2008 R2 from the vendor. Windows 7 may work but MUST not. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2011 6:52pm

Hello, make sure to have the correct audio drivers for Windows server 2008 R2 from the vendor. Windows 7 may work but MUST not. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. That is easier said than done since almost no audio cards list Windows Server 2008 as supported. In fact I have never seen a single card that says it supports it. Chris Chris Crowe
August 25th, 2011 6:56pm

If the device is integrated then also install the manufacturer chipset drivers. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2011 9:06pm

Hi, Please launch Device Manager, right click on the sound card and select “Update Driver Software” to check if it can be updated via Windows Update. If the issue persists, you’d better contact the hardware vendor for the Windows Server 2008 R2 compatibility driver. Regards, Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 28th, 2011 8:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics