Windows Server 2008 R2
Good Day, Please assist.On my domain controller I see 3 of my normal users account, under c:\users. as if they have logged on the server. ONly the administrators group has permissions to log on to the server. I have double checked and these users are not part of the administrator group. The users cannnot Remote Desktop to this server. Have checked the security logs to see if maybe an application is using their account to log in, I cannot see anything. Is there something I am missing?
April 25th, 2012 6:39am

Hi Can you check your remote settings pls, is checked : Allow connections only from computer running Remote Desktop with network level authentification? Check the users if is checked. Administrators has acsess even if are not listed there. Renato Kurti CCNA,CCNP Security,CCAI,MCP,MCTS,MCITP:EA,MCT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 25th, 2012 10:01am

Hi, Please run rsop.msc on this DC and check if the related users have been added in this policy: [Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment: Allow log on locally] Regards, Bruce
April 27th, 2012 4:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics