Windows Server 2008 NIC Driver Problem
I have a Windows 2008 Server that is a part of CCR Cluster for Exchange 2007 Mailbox. Couple of days ago. Over the weekend the Server lost network connectivity. I logged in from the Console, and found out that all NIC Drivers have Exclamation sign in the Device Manager. So I tried to Reinstall the drivers, but failed(Driver not Found Error). When i check the Device Property, it says Unable to start the device (Error Code 10). These are "Intel(r) Pro/1000 EB Network Connection with I/O Acceleration" Cards. Because It happened on the working Server, that means it is not a driver issue. I have tested this Network Cards On another Server, and it was working there, so it is not a Hardware Issue. I have checked the Server Logs, every thing seems to be ok. No Windows Updates (Last Update installed 2 Weeks Ago), No New Software Installed, No Driver Updates etc. This Server has Symantec Endpoint Protection (Some one had a different problem with the NIC, and it was due to Symantec Endpoint Protection). Can this be a problem for me also ??
July 11th, 2010 7:08pm

Something here may help. Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates in Windows-based computers http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104/ Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 11th, 2010 7:46pm

Dear Dave, i have already checked this, But it did not solve my Problem.
July 11th, 2010 8:16pm

Yes i have tried the safe mode. But No Luck.
July 11th, 2010 9:51pm

Possibly this one applies. After you use the Last Known Good Configuration feature to start a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, some .inf files may be deleted from the %windir%\inf folder http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953631 Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
July 11th, 2010 10:03pm

When i go to the Safe Mode, i can see the NIC Drivers Properly Installed, But when i go in "Safe Mode With Networking", it again showing with error. If i try to Uninstall the driver. It starst removing but never finishes (Checked for 10 Minutes), so i have to End Task.
July 11th, 2010 10:56pm

Hi, According to the description, it seems that you were using a PCI network adapter. So please perform the following suggestions: 1. Uninstall the drivers of the NIC in Device Manager and then shut down the computer, unplug the NIC and then plug it into another slot to see whether you get the same issue. 2. If possible, please insert another network adapter to the same slot to see whether it works. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
July 14th, 2010 10:29am

It was a Hardware Issue. After changing the Hardware, the problem is solved. Thanks Every one.
July 21st, 2010 11:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics