Windows Server 2008 Enterprise (32bit) - Explorer.exe Crashes
Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.. I couldn't seem to find one for Windows Server 2008 Enterprise (32bit) We are experiencing a weird problem where explorer.exe crashes. No entries are logged in the event viewer when this happens. This server house several websites and they continue to function. You can log into the server, however, the shell doesn't load. You can access the task manager with ctrl+shift+esc and view all of the running processes. Explorer.exe is no where to be found. I can launch programs such as notepad.exe but they cannot open any existing files by using the browse functionality (relies on explorer.exe) We have to reboot the server at which point everything is fine for another 2-3 weeks until explorer.exe disappears again. Anyone have any ideas?
April 21st, 2011 4:36pm

Hi Customer, Please restart your server in safe mode then you can try a clean boot. Open system configuration (Run "msconfig.exe") and disable all non-Microsoft services. Disable all startup items. You could run explorer.exe by manual, open task manager file--new task(run)-- c:\windows\explorer.exe Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 25th, 2011 4:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics