Windows Server 2008 DVD media
Hi,The company i work for bought some Windows Server 2008 Datacenter Dditionvolumn license from Dell. But Dell told us that they don't ship installation DVD media anymore. Now, i'm not quite sure where to download the software. I know it's from Microsoft's website, but i could only find evaluation versions. Is that what i need? Evaluation verion, then put in a valid license key?
May 22nd, 2009 1:31am

Dell should ship you a DVD media or Call Microsoft to ship one to you..Give them a call again. The evaluation version onlinemight not work with your volume license. Tell Dell if they don't ship you a DVD media, you will return their product..Ask to speak with someone higher. Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 22nd, 2009 2:19am

Hi, Please contact your local Microsoft Customer Service for direct help. www.microsoft.com/worldwide Tim Quan - MSFT
May 22nd, 2009 4:51am

But Dell told us that they don't ship installation DVD media anymore. Microsoft and its Large Account Resellers (LARs) have agreed not to ship Installation Media anymore for Volume Licensing.The choice was made for environmental reasons.Instead you should be able to download your installation media from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Web site.As Tim Quan points out, you should be able to resolve this issue with your local Microsoft Customer Service center. The evaluation version online might not work with your volume license. For many Microsoft products accompanying media needed to be used for specific product keys (trial keys required trial media, volume license keys required volume license media, etc) Since Windows Vista one piece of media is used for all installations. This media works for all product keys. The same applies to Windows Server 2008. Is that what i need? Evaluation verion, then put in a valid license key? Yes.If you want this issue resolved quickly, this approach is a solution.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 22nd, 2009 10:57am

Thanks folks. That's very helpful.
May 22nd, 2009 8:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics