Windows Server 2008 32 bit SP2; disabled, renamed guest account becomes active automatically :/
Environment OS : Windows Server 2008 Architecture : 32 bit Service pack level : SP2 Edition : Enterprise Intent : Stand-alone test workstation, not part of a domain or a work group. I did a fresh install of Windows Server 2008 32 bit version; renamed the Administrator, (disabled) Guest account right away after the first log on and created a standard user account. The guest account was made member of no groups and a password for set for this account. I followed up with a SP2 install from TechNet and nVidia driver install for the display card. When I went to Windows Update and attempted to Check for Updates, it failed with Code 8024001B and voila the Guest account became active and so did Password protected sharing which was set as off. Can someone explain what could trigger this behavior :/
July 17th, 2010 1:56am

I just installed windowsserver 2008 standard,walked away for 30 40 minutes to repair my neighbors sprinkler system ,came back it had reboot and said "press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to log on.which I did and brought up a blue screen with with an icon saying"other user" below it.I click other user and it brings up a sighn in screen asking me for a user name and password,which i dont have because i never created one.Now what?is there anything i can do to log on or am i screwed.........pardon the language.please help me if you can.thanks Lomaxx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 18th, 2010 9:45am

Did you try Safe mode?
July 19th, 2010 10:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics