Windows Server 2008 - Possibly throttling inbound connections?
Hi, Do you have more than one NIC on this server? Have you configure the NIC teaming on this server? Is the server has very heavy network load on itself? Please try to temporarily disable anti-virus, firewall or any other application may block network traffic. You may also temporarily disable TCP Offloading, RSS and TCP Chimney, to see if the issue still persists. Information about the TCP Chimney Offload, Receive Side Scaling, and Network Direct Memory Access features in Windows Server 2008 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951037 How to Troubleshoot Basic TCP/IP Problems http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;169790 Best Regards, Aiden Aiden Cao TechNet Community Support
October 16th, 2012 1:28am

I'm running server 2008 enterprise (32-bit), with several servers running, along with the server being a domain controller. The problem I am having is that any more than 1 or 2 connections to either my web server or telnet server (possibly the others as well) causes a huge amount of lag, and drops connections. I am typically connected to the server via RDP all day from work, and I have no problem whatsoever having multiple connections to the website while logged in via RDP without any signs of lag. The moment anyone else tries to visit the site, my RDP session hangs and usually disconnects, no matter what I am doing or how many browsers I have open (externally, from work, not within RDP) The server itself is a Dell Poweredge 2600 with 12GB RAM and a single 3.2GHz processor. I was running the same services (except for the active directory stuff) on an old P4 desktop without a hitch. I've tried disabling some of the firewall rules at the router (AT&T U-verse) and I dont see any QoS policies anywhere in the server configuration. Any ideas?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 3rd, 2012 12:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics