Windows Server 2008R2 NAP Client

Dears,

Am having a NAP Infrastructure (NAP DHCP Enforcement )in my Environment, all my clients are Windows7 and 8 , and in the past days some windows server 2008r2 will be clients also , so I have to apply NAP on them Also, but I know that Windows Security Center is not installed on Windows 2008r2 , so is there any solution for this Issue ??

Thanks

August 29th, 2015 2:29pm

Hi Amr,

According to your description, you are configuring windows server 2008 R2 as NAP capable client in DHCP enforcement. Do you mean that you couldnt find security center when you want to turn on security center (domain PCs only), because you are using WSHV in your NAP deployment?

In Windows 2008 R2, we may open it by the following steps:

Run gpedit.msc; in the local group policy editor panel, select computer configurationAdministrative templateswindows componentssecurity center, then we may view turn on security center.

Besides, here are some reference about the checklist of configuring NAP enforcement for DHCP:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Cc772356(v=WS.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Anne he

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 12:44am

Thanks Anne, What I've meant that I Couldnt find the Security Center and I've Enabled the Local GPO that you mentioned and made sure that it is applied , but still when I run napstate i get the client is with limited connection because "SHA Not Present", What I've Found that the Security Center components is not even installed in Windows 2008r2 , so thats why i think that this GPO Didnt make any effect, so please any suggestions ?
August 31st, 2015 2:13am

Hi,

Windows Server 2008 R2 can be NAP clients but cannot run the WSHV (because as you mentioned security center is not present) so you would need to install a different SHV. Others that have been available from Microsoft include Forefront and the SCCM. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd125327.aspx

Thanks,

-Greg

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2015 2:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics