Windows Server 2008: Trustedinstaller 50% CPU peaks
Hi, we have a customer that has a Windows Server 2008 without Hyper-V x86 SP2 with performance issues. We noticed that the process called Trustedinstaller has peaks about 50% of CPU. I know that trustedinstaller is related to Windows Update service, but the updates are installed succesfully. Another issue that I do not know if it is related is that about once half an hour the server reports a warning with event id 5612 of WMI: "WMI has stopped WMIPRVSE.EXE because a quota reached a warning value. Quota: HandleCount Value: 4140 Maximum value: 4096 WMIPRVSE PID: 4040". I will be very pleased that someone send me a reply about this issue. Thanks in advance.
December 20th, 2010 1:49pm

Hi, I suggest that we perform a clean boot and check if it can resolve the issue: 1) Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. 2) On the General tab, click Selective Startup. 3) Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box. 4) Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All. 5) Click OK. 6) When you are prompted, click Restart. If the issue persists, we need to collect a dump file to analyze the cause of the problem. Unfortunately, we cannot help you analyze the dump file in forum. To trouble shoot this problem efficiently, I suggest that you speak directly with a Microsoft Support Professional so that the crash dump can be analyzed. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, please go to the following address on the World Wide Web: http://support.microsoft.com/directory/overview.asp As for the WMI event, the following blog could be helpful: http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2008/09/16/memory-and-handle-quotas-in-the-wmi-provider-service.aspx Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 20th, 2010 9:44pm

Just for your information, The reason was a third party application. When the service related was stopped the problem is over.
April 14th, 2011 6:03pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics