Windows Server 2003 STD SP2 issues with copying files from the server to computers
I am having an issue with a couple of segment on my network. The issue has been narrowed down to a specific server 2003 STD SP2. Whenever users tries to download files or folders from the server it takes about 15 mins to download a 25MB file. But when you attempt to upload that same file from your computer to the server it takes a few seconds. It has been happening for about 2 weeks. It is affecting about 50 users. We have rebooted the server, switches, changed out the patch cables on all ends. Replaced the NIC card, and the issue persist. I noticed on my PC running Windows XP I have ESET Smart Security 5 running. And it is generating the error every few minutes "Detected ARP Cache poisoning attack" from the Server we are having an issue with to my computer. I am not experiencing the slowness. The issues occurs with XP and Win 7 Pro machines. Your help is greatly appreciated. NelsonNelson Ehis
November 2nd, 2011 12:51pm

As Tiger said you can use Microsoft network monitor for monitoring your network.at the same time you can install another server on a virtual environment(virtual pc,vmwaer workstation) and test the same thing. Then we can check weather that problem with your server or network.Darshana Jayathilake
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 8th, 2011 5:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics