Windows Server 2003 R2 running IIS 6 with NET 2.0 and opening office 2007/2010 documents
Hello: I have a Windows 2003 R2 server running IIS 6 with .NET 2.0. When accessing the server and selecting an office document (Word, Excel, ect.) from a client running Windows 7 using Office 2007/2010, I am prompted for a username and password. If I enter my credentials for the domain 3 times it will open the document or if you hit Cancel it will open the document. This does not happen with a client running XP and Office 2003 as well as other browsers. Any other document besides an office document will open without being prompted for Domain credentials. If I enter the local web service account for IIS (IUSR_machinename) the office document will also open. Just so you know, this is NOT a sharepoint site and all file permissions are correct. I have tried IE7, IE8 and IE9 and all have the same results. I am looking for a Server side fix as there are too many clients to change. I have researched this problem and tried many different solutions but none work and most of them are for sharepoint sites. Any questions please let me know. Thank you for your immediate attention to the above!!!
June 24th, 2011 9:57pm

Hi, According to the problem description, this issue is related to Microsoft Office. Based on the current situation, the best resource for you is Office IT Pro Forum. In this forum the community users are familiar with the Office related issue. Microsoft Office for IT Professionals http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/officeitpro,visio2010,grooveserveritpro Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com . Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 27th, 2011 5:43am

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Arthur Li Forum Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
June 30th, 2011 10:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics