Windows Server 2003 R2: logoff/reboot/shutdown problem
After installing a bunch of windows updates on my new installed Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2 I have problems logging off / rebooting / shutdown.I only can reboot/shutdown with an hard reset.The error/warning I get in the system event:Source: USER32Category: NoneEventID: 1073The attempt by user ... top restart/shutdown computer ... failed.I already searched the Internet but didn't find any solution for the problem.Anyone has an idea?Thanks
February 27th, 2010 7:03pm

You might check Task Manager|Processes tab for clues to hanging app.http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Windows%20Operating%20System&ProdVer=5.2&EvtID=1073&EvtSrc=USER32&LCID=1033Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 27th, 2010 7:20pm

Check your Task Manager for processes that hangs or takes time to end. Some times, it could be some corrupted softwares that malfunctions or the drivers that are related to it could be a concern as well.Some of the applications known to be causing this prob most of the times are such as PC Anywhere, Lavasoft Ad-watch, cleaner stuffs like Driver-Cleaner or CC Cleaner and etc.Check on the last application that you had installed, maybe an old driver could be the issue :)- Still a Learner :) -
March 4th, 2010 6:14am

Do yuo have correct this problem? Now Im having same problem, log off dont work neither shut down.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 30th, 2010 6:49am

I'd also try from a Safe Mode boot. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
December 30th, 2010 11:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics