Windows Server 2003 Installer
At some point during the "Installing Devices" phase of the installation of Windows Server 2003, my computer seems to shut off the connection to my keyboard and mouse. This makes it seemingly impossible to continue when the "Regional and Language Options" appears. Any suggestions? Thanks.
December 2nd, 2009 7:36am

Hi, What kind of keyboard and mouse did you use? Have you tried to replace the keyboard and mouse to test? Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 3rd, 2009 8:49am

Hi HFMidd,this seems to be the problem with the driver ( upper layer ) as vincent suggested you need to check the followinga) driver compatibility between the keyboard and the OS b) Virus on the system c) test in safe mode
December 4th, 2009 4:09am

Hi HFMidd,Did you had a chance to go through our suggestions ?, if you have any further question please feel free to post back.
December 26th, 2009 10:13am

Hi, Sorry for the delay, thanks a lot for the support. Unfortunately I have not resolved the issue and had to assume that I have a hardware malfunction in the computer as I've tried different mice and keyboards and formatted the drive several times. Thanks, Hugh
December 26th, 2009 12:48pm

Hi, What kind of mouse and keyboard did you used? PS2 or USB? By the way, did you encounter any issue if you install other system on the same computer(such as Windows XP and Windows Vista)? By the way, there is a workaround method you can use, you can develop an Unattended Installations of Windows Server 2003. For more information, you can refer to: Designing Unattended Installations http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc775430(WS.10).aspx Best Regards, Vincent Hu
December 28th, 2009 10:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics