Windows Server 2003: Cisco VPN failing with REason 440 Driver Failure
I have spent hours looking for a solution to this. I have tied - to uinstall and reinstall, - fix the install, - looked at the Network entry and installed the DNE service. - Tried older versions of the VPN - 4 and now trying version 5.0.07.0290. Still not working. It seems to install without any errors, however when I run the client and try to connect it comes up with that error. The error log shows this error over and over even when I am not connected Function CreateFile failed wiTh an error code of 0x00000002[DRVIFACE:772] The errors that show when I try and connect are: Warning CVPND ...Function StartService :CVPNDRVA failed with an error code of 1f DRVIFACE:849 Critical CM... Failed to initialize the ipsec driver: Returned 1 Anyone have any suggestions about how to resolve this and get Cisco VPN working on Server 2003.
July 6th, 2011 1:23am

Hi kman26, Thank you for your post. The error means VPN client need to create log file but system don't allow. I suggest you uninstall the VPN client, grant user account admin rights to logon, disabled firewall and AV software, install VPN client with MSI version. Here is similar case you could take a reference. If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 7th, 2011 9:34am

Error 440: Driver Failure Usually related to Deterministic Network Enhancer DNE suggestion - you can manually add the service to the local area connection. Handle stept: Control Panel - Network and Internet - Open Network and Sharing Center - Open Manage Network Connection - Right click on the Local Area Connection - Select Install - Select Service - Select Have Disk - Select browse and browse to c:\program files\common\Deterministic Networks\DNE\dne2000 - Select Open Then issue resolved. Contact me if you require the DNE setup file. Eric_du@live.com
September 9th, 2011 5:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics