Windows Server 2003
My problem is that i have some issue with my accounts. The groups in my accounts are locked eventhought i use administartor account to edit back the statues in their accounts the problem still occurs and it will come back even one of my administrator account are also Auto Lock.2nd problem is that i cant update windows i have try edit the registry and change back the values data to 4 but i came back and change to 80+ . Do you have any solutions for this?Thanks
January 25th, 2010 5:22am

1.) What locking are you talking about?2.) What registry key/values are you editing and for what pupose?Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 25th, 2010 5:40am

1.) What locking are you talking about?2.) What registry key/values are you editing and for what pupose? Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] 1) User Accounts 2) Registry for the windows update.(suspect that the server might be attacked by conficker virus)Thanks
January 25th, 2010 5:51am

If the server has been compromised you can no longer trust it. I'd rebuild it immediately.Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
January 25th, 2010 6:00am

I'm not very pro in this right now. Can you advise me on the steps?Thanks
January 25th, 2010 6:04am

To do a clean install, boot the Windows 2003 installation media. Setup inspects your computer's hardware configuration and then begins to install the setup and driver files. When the Windows 2003 Server screen appears, press ENTER to set up Windows Server 2003 (Note: If your drive controller is not natively supported then you'll want to boot the Windows 2003 installation media. Then *F6* very early and very important (at setup is inspecting your system) in the setup to prevent drive controller detection, and select S to specify additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to insert the manufacturer supplied Windows 2003 driver for your drive controller in drive "A") Read the license agreement, and then press the F8 key to accept the terms of the license agreement and continue the installation. When the Windows 2003 Setup screen appears, all the existing partitions and the unpartitioned spaces are listed for each physical hard disk. Use the ARROW keys to select the partitions Press D to delete an existing partition, If you press D to delete an existing partition, you must then press L (or press ENTER, and then press L if it is the System partition) to confirm that you want to delete the partition. Repeat this step for each of the existing partitions When all the partitions are deleted press F3 to exit setup, (to avoid unexpected drive letter assignments with your new install) then restart the machine then when you get to this point in setup again select the unpartitioned space, and then press C to create a new partition and specify the size (if required). Windows will by default use all available space.Optionally if the server is IBM you can boot from the ServeRAID or for HP boot from the SmartStart to load third party drivers and prepare the controller and disks for operating system installation.Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
January 25th, 2010 6:21am

Thanks for the advise and appreciate it very much for the fast respond, but i'm currently Unauthorized to install the server on troubleshoot it. So i'm tyring other Alternative.
January 25th, 2010 7:06am

Ok, you're welcome.Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
January 25th, 2010 7:17am

Bravo ! That's the shortest and most interesting description of how to install windows 2003 I've ever seen !Information is provided "AS IS" without any guaranty nor liability and, too no lesser extent, with devotion and care.
January 25th, 2010 8:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics