Windows Server 2003, CA, PEAP, IAS
I have a windows 2003 server running:Active Directory (AD)Domain Name Server (DNS)Dynamic HostConfiguration Protocol(DHCP)Certificate Authority (CA)Internet Authentication Services (IAS)Currently I have the Switch configured for aaa dot1x authentication and aaa login authentication. AAA login authentication is working with my AD username and Password. This server and switch are on a test network. I am trying to get wired port security setup and working. My first question is can Windows 2003 CA be used to generate a certificate for PEAP-MSCHAP-V2? If so how is this done? Does the original generated enterprize certificate work for PEAP? If so do I need to export it and then install it through the MMC?
September 22nd, 2008 9:34pm

Hi, Yes, Windows 2003 CA can be used to generate a certificate for PEAP-MS-CHAP-V2. You need to enroll a computer certificate on the IAS server (Windows Server 2003 machine). For more information, refer to the following article: Deployment of IEEE 802.1X for Wired Networks Using Microsoft Windows http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=05951071-6b20-4cef-9939-47c397ffd3dd&displaylang=en Hope it helps.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 24th, 2008 11:12am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics