Windows Server 2000 connection to server 2008 problem
Hi everyone I have a small problem with my domain at the moment. Our company have 2 sites each with its one domain. They are connected with VPN permanently .. Site1.com Windows server 2000 Site2.com Windows server 2008 From site1 I can browse shares in site 2, but from site 2 I cant .... I run adprep on site1 and updated to version 44 same as site 2. also in active directory in site 1 I can no longer browse site2 users, I get the following error: Cannot display objects from this location because of the flowing error: No Authority could be contacted for authentication. The other way around works fine ..... I can ping both domain names from either site. Thanks for the help.
June 14th, 2012 11:31am

Hello, top understand you correct you have 2 domains, Site1.com and Site2.com, in the same forest or are they in different forests? What kind of trust have you created between the domains? How is DNS configured for the trust? Schema versions are not used for the trust, so that will not help you?Best regards Meinolf Weber MVP, MCP, MCTS Microsoft MVP - Directory Services My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/ Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 14th, 2012 3:53pm

Ok I'm sorted... the issue was on the DNS in site2 ... There was a change of Domain and in the DNS it still showed the old one, meaning the other site was trying to connect to a server that no longer exists. thanks for the help anyway. ;) MigCooper
June 15th, 2012 3:35am

Ok I'm sorted... the issue was on the DNS in site2 ... There was a change of Domain and in the DNS it still showed the old one, meaning the other site was trying to connect to a server that no longer exists. thanks for the help anyway. ;) MigCooper
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 15th, 2012 3:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics