Windows Server 2000 Not Recognizing CAL's?
Hi there.Recently I had to rebuild my old Windows 2000 server from the ground up. I wasn't there for the original install of the server, so admittedly I'm not completely savvy on all the little tricks 'n' tweaks to make sure everything's set up properly.Anyway, it's been about a month since the install, and today I came into work only to discover only 5 people can log into our domain instead of the 25 for which I have a license. I've gone through every licenising place on the server's control panel, and they all tell me I have 25 CAL's, but yet no one except the first 5 who came in this morning can get on the domain.Anyone have any ideas?
March 15th, 2010 7:12pm

Hello,is the server Terminal server and do you run also a Terminal server licensing server? Normally you don't have to add CAL's, when working with client machines in a domain.What kind of licensing was choosing during installation of the server, per server or per seat?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 16th, 2010 9:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics