Windows Search 4.0
I have about 40 users that are all accessing a single server in the office. Each user has Windows Search 4.0 setup to index the shared network drives. This is causing a VERY high amount of disk I/O on the server. The server is also running Windows Search 4.0. Now for the questions: Should I be running Windows Search on the server? (This is also driving up disk I/O) Does the desktop client utilize the catalogs that are on the server that are created with Windows Search on the server? To create a shared catalog on the server that everyone can access, do I need to be running Search Server Express? Thanks in advance!My.Settings.Signature = Nothing
February 7th, 2011 4:47pm

Hi, From this article: Description of Windows Search 4.0 and the Multilingual User Interface Pack for Windows Search 4.0 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=940157 Support for client-to-client remote query to shared indexed locations Clients do not need to index network files on local when they are indexed on target computer. Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 8th, 2011 3:28am

Hi, From this article: Description of Windows Search 4.0 and the Multilingual User Interface Pack for Windows Search 4.0 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=940157 Support for client-to-client remote query to shared indexed locations Clients do not need to index network files on local when they are indexed on target computer. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 8th, 2011 11:23am

How are things going? If there is anything unclear please just let us know. Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 11th, 2011 2:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics